These standards for performers include (but are not limited to):
- Promoting their own shows as well as shows of other TLMA endorsed performers in order to stimulate market word-of-mouth;
- Arriving early and prepared;
- Willingness to enter into written performance agreements if requested by a venue;
- Striving to produce a highly positive musical performance that will appeal to the venue’s clientele;
- Starting performances on time;
- Limiting breaks to no more than 15 minutes in each performance hour (subject to other agreements with venue);
- Dressing in culturally appropriate attire;
- Avoiding offensive verbal or musical content;
- No possession or use of illegal substances while on the performing premises;
- No excessive use of alcohol while on the performing premises.
Note: TLMA has a zero-tolerance policy (immediate loss of endorsement) for unacceptable behaviors by a performer, while working in a performance venue.